Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Canadian Infantry - Week 1

 Below are my first Canadian troops, minis from the Italeri British Infantry Set, which I painted to match the Canadian uniform at the time the best I could. I am planning to play a Bolt Action game in 1/72, with the Canucks facing off against the Wehrmacht somewhere in the outskirts of Ortona. Feel free to comment and all ideas and suggestions are welcome. 

                                                                    Lieutenant Lancaster




Corporal Catlin (me) 

Private Guillet
 Radio Operator

Lance Corporal Fletcher 

And the privates ( Thompson, Boullier, Leroy, Moore, Gallagher, Warnton)






And yes, I give my minis names.
And yes, Private Thompson does not have a Thompson gun.
For any of you that are wondering, the bases and earth and grass are all entirely homemade. The bases are al American or Canadian pennies, the grass is painted cotton and the earth is shredded cork painted a dirt hue.
What do you guys think? All suggestions are welcome!






5 comments:

  1. Pretty good if I do say so myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see a new 1/72 scale blog, nice work Corp. Catlin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gracias hermano, really appreciate it.
    I am a some what slow painter because I am busy with school (I am 16) but when I get around to it it’s reall cool.
    When I was waiting for my set to arrive off Amazon, I frequently went to your blog for inspiration. Thanks and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be posting a new set of pictures tomorrow to add to my Canadian troops.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Keep up the great work, Corporal Catlin!

    ReplyDelete

Canadian Infantry - Week 3